Game Server Developer (Java & AWS) – Puzzle studio25.08.2021 Technology Permanent Open position Apply here
As a server developer, you will be given full ownership of the server-side for one of our games. Our server team shares knowledge, works transparently, more senior developers support less experienced developers and the team investigates the most critical issues together in cooperation with our dedicated cloud operations team. We share our learnings to make both ourselves and our games better.
In this role you will be given a lot of autonomy and responsibility, as you will be the one in charge of the server for the game that you will be working with. You'll be part of a cross-functional team consisting of game developers, artists, designers and more, to make sure that our players have an enjoyable immersing themselves in our games.
Your responsibilities will be
- Implementation, deployment and maintenance of backend systems of live games
- Take ownership of the agreed game backend system
- Working together with more senior server developers to get support with feature design
- Working together with our cloud operations team in case of incidents
We're looking for someone who has
- Strong modern Java programming skills - including functional programming, server-side Java and distributed systems
- Data modeling and database design skills
- Familiarity with cloud computing (preferably AWS, but experience with any of the other big ones is fine as well)
We would love if you have this as well (but not a requirement)
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, database optimization
- Experience with Linux distributions and scripting (e.g. shell script or Python)
- Experience with high throughput systems and game servers
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, several match 3 games such as Angry Birds Match and Small Town Murders as well as slingshot games like Angry Birds Friends and a great newcomer Angry Birds Journey. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.