(Senior) Game Developer10.07.2020 Technology Stockholm Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Game Developer to join our successful Lean RPG Studio in Stockholm, Sweden. We believe in genre mastery and every new lean RPG must be better than the last one. You will be working on the prototype factory which is developing new groundbreaking RPG hits. There are opportunities to work on and keep improving our already world class games as well!
- Provide mentorship and support for less experienced developers
- Implement game features with other developers in the team
- Work with server developers for seamless backend integration
- Optimize the games to run smoothly on mobile platforms
- Participate in prototyping new game features
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Minimum 5 years of commercial game programming experience with 2+ years in a programming team lead role
- Minimum 3 years of game development experience with Unity
- Strong programming skills with C#
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Broad knowledge of game architecture and technologies
- Good understanding of mobile platforms and hardware
- Experience with F2P games both as a developer and a player
- Analytical problem solving skills
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Good understanding of Clean Code and SOLID principles
- Experience with unit tests and test driven development (TDD)
- First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio.
- Code test as homework: We would like to know better your coding skills and it is an opportunity for you to present what you are capable of.
- Second rounds: Technical interview with our developers along with a discussion with the game team. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.