Game Developer28.10.2022 Technology Permanent Open position Apply here
You will join one of our teams working on Angry Birds Dream Blast, Rovio’s second largest and fastest growing game! The team is currently focused on growing the game further, this means you will be working closely alongside our senior developers on different core gaming experiences e.g. live events, multiplayer events etc. The work you and your team deliver will be highly visible to our players worldwide.
The whole team is located in Finland, and the plan for the team is to work in a hybrid-work model, meaning that they’ll be in the office approximately two days per week.
We are looking for passionate Game Developers to join our successful Puzzle Studio in Helsinki, Finland. Our vision is to build puzzle games that are easy and fun to play but also provide deep meta-game with social elements that keeps them fresh and interesting to play for years. Join us to develop new groundbreaking F2P hits and keep improving our already world class puzzle games!
What your days will look like:
- Work in a cross-functional team consisting of artists, designers and other developers
- Implement game features and execute programming tasks in a timely manner
- Write quality code by following best practices defined by lead and senior developers
- Work closely with more experienced programmers and learn from them
- Constantly look for new ways to improve programming skills and efficiency
- Participate in task planning
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Proficient game development experience with Unity
- Programming skills with C#
- Basic knowledge of design patterns
- Demonstrable experience working on a commercial or hobby game project, using relevant technologies successfully
- Initial Screening call: You will have a short introductory call with our Talent Acquisition partner. During this call we aim to understand your motivations, salary expectations and suitability for the role
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. The aim is for us to know who you are, what your experience has been and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the wider team and the specifics of the role
- Second round: You will do a take home exercise to complete in your own time.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help each other develop.
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, several match 3 games such as Angry Birds Match and Small Town Murders as well as slingshot games like Angry Birds Friends and a great newcomer Angry Birds Journey. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.