Full-Stack Developer15.03.2021 Technology Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Open position Apply here
The Games Technology team encompasses a whole host of data and analytics expertise areas, including (but not limited to) machine learning, build and submission tools, and cloud infrastructure. Powered by Beacon, Rovio's in-house cloud services platform, the team supports tens of millions of players, capturing 4 billion events and over 1TB of data per day. All of this work results in services and tools that enable successful live operations and continuous optimization in Rovio’s games.
We are now looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join the Automation team in Rovio’s Technology unit based in Helsinki Metropolitan Area, Finland. You will work with our build system automation including build distribution, signing, validation and submission tooling. If you say yes to a challenge, you want to help us to provide the best possible services and tools to our game teams, so they can develop, run and operate our games and provide world-class player experiences.
We expect that you are a professional Python programmer who is proactive, has a can-do attitude and is ready to learn. You will work closely with the game teams to figure out solutions to challenging technical problems we face in building and operating our games. You will be part of project teams focusing on coming up with and implementing versatile solutions, in the end enabling Rovio to keep creating great games for a big audience.
- Designing, developing and maintaining software
- Reviewing code from other team members and giving constructive feedback and being able to receive it
- Planning team’s tasks with the team
- Improving development standards, processes and tooling
- Communicating with technology team members and various stakeholders in the game teams
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Strong Python programming experience
- A proactive mindset
- A drive to complete tasks and a can-do attitude
- Have courage and ability to learn and work with new things and technologies
- Very good communication skills in English
We'd love if you have some of these:
- Experience in Django
- Knowledge of relational databases (Postgres)
- Experience in Ansible
- Experience in web servers (Nginx)
- Experience in cloud technologies and orchestration (AWS)
- Experience in mobile development (iOS, Android)
- First meeting: Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will complete an exercise to complete in your own time.
- Final round: Technical interview with our Technical Managers and team members. You will also get feedback from the exercise. Our aim is to get a clear overview of how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.