Data Analyst – User Acquisition15.12.2021 Business Intelligence Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Open position Apply here
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Rovio data craft to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The data craft aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to work with our User Acquisition team, the squad pushing the growth of our games including hugely successful titles Angry Birds 2, Angry Birds Dream Blast, Small Town Murders and Darkfire Heroes. You will work on guiding the decision-making of one of the most successful entertainment brands in the world. As a dedicated user acquisition analyst you’ll be the bridge connecting the triarchy of Games, UA and BI.
A Data Analyst with our UA team is at an exciting intersection between business and technology. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging data problems, use modern open source tools and collaborate with experienced data professionals. Learning and teaching are a fundamental part of the job.
You will thrive in this role if you have the ability to apply statistical principles, combine domain knowledge with analytical methods, and collaborate with stakeholders from various backgrounds. You will use your skills to discover opportunities, objectively evaluate what works, and make actionable recommendations to improve the performance of our UA activities. We expect from you an analytical mindset and the ability to explain complex observations in a clear and concise manner; communication is key in making data actionable.
The main responsibilities are in the following three areas:
- Working with performance marketing managers to optimize campaign performance
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Driving decision making through presentation of work
- Spreading best practices to analytics and marketing teams Analysis
- Analysing campaign performance; discovering and communicating what works
- Developing models and tools for UA optimization
- Studying changes in key metrics and long-term trends
- Evaluating and defining metrics used for decision making
- Building dashboards, version-controlled tools and reports Data pipelines
- Building data pipelines and automated analyses using modern scripting methods
- Ensuring data quality and availability
Who we think will do great in this role has
- Ability to turn analyses into purposeful action
- Data literacy and quantitative analysis skills
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Understanding of advanced SQL
- Excellent cooperation and communication skills
If you have some of these, it's a bonus!
- Prior experience working in the marketing or gaming industry
- Experience with version controlled models or data tools run in a production environment
- Experience with open source big data technologies and large data sets
- Know-how on Amazon Web Services, especially with Athena, Presto, Spark, Kafka or Flink. A general understanding of deploying applications in the AWS environment
The recruitment process will consist of three steps:
1. A call with your to-be manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
2. A technical assignment that you will complete in your own time
3. An interview with team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you grow.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.