Community Manager16.04.2021 Player Experience Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Open position Apply here
Mixing the world-class expertise of six different crafts – Product Marketing, User Acquisition, User Experience Research, Market Intelligence, Marketing Video Production, and Player Experience, our team’s main mission is to fuel the growth of our games portfolio.
Largely embedded within game teams and in close collaboration with a large variety of stakeholders, our role is to identify, anticipate and make sure to satisfy our target audiences’ needs and wants. We do this across all touchpoints – from early research on new concepts, to how we reach out to millions of players through our marketing campaigns, or to how we engage them through our social networks and other discussion platforms.
As a member of the Player Experience team, you will be a vital communication bridge between game teams and our players, while being embedded in the Puzzle studio, house of games like Angry Birds Friends and Dream Blast. You will be in charge of creating and executing the Community Strategy for the game(s) you work with, providing players with experiences that drive deeper engagement, both through engaging directly with players and by bringing actionable player feedback to the game team as the voice of the player.
- Manage, grow and nurture safe and fun community spaces for your game(s)
- Develop and execute the game(s) community strategy with relevant stakeholders, this includes the content plan and activities for the platforms where we engage with our players to increase reach and engagement
- Track relevant community KPIs that allow you to understand if the game’s community strategy objectives are being met and how to improve
- Work with both internal and external partners to create and develop content for the relevant platforms
- Be the Voice of the Player at all time, bringing actionable feedback to the game team(s) to improve the player experience and analyzing and reporting on the community sentiment
- Act as a point of contact and manage relationship with any key influencers, moderators, etc., working together with the stakeholders in order to execute in line with business goals
- Stay on top of community management trends to maximize the impact of your community endeavours and explore new possibilities
Who we think will do great in this role:
- Proven 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Adept at utilizing social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Discord, etc. in a B2C environment
- Experience setting up and growing communities at different stages of their lifecycle and supporting other team members during these processes
- A good visual eye and ability to follow the brand’s guidelines for creating assets
- A genuine love of games and the communities surrounding them
- Native or near-native English speaker with strong copy creation skills
- Excellent communication and conflict management skills
- Intermediate skills in Photoshop or other image editing tools
- Ability to process large amounts of information rapidly, keeping track of different simultaneous activities in your communities as well as collaborating with different stakeholders in multiple projects or campaigns
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Lower degree in marketing/ communications or equivalent
- Knowledge of video editing tools
- Familiarity with Rovio games
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. We want to know who you are and what motivates you. In addition, we will also ask community related technical questions to see if there is a potential match on the skills. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.