Community Manager, Darkfire Heroes05.05.2021 Player Experience Copenhagen Permanent Open position Apply here
Mixing the world-class expertise of six different crafts – Product Marketing, User Acquisition, User Experience Research, Market Intelligence, Marketing Video Production, and Player Experience, our team’s main mission is to fuel the growth of our games portfolio.
Largely embedded within game teams and in close collaboration with a large variety of stakeholders, our role is to identify, anticipate and make sure to satisfy our target audiences’ needs and wants. We do this across all touchpoints – from early research on new concepts, to how we reach out to millions of players through our marketing campaigns, or to how we engage them through our social networks and other discussion platforms.
As a member of the Player Experience team, you will be a vital communication bridge between the game team and our players while being embedded in our Copenhagen studio as the Community Manager for Darkfire Heroes. As a senior in this role, you will have ownership over the Community Strategy for the game, providing players with experiences that drive deeper engagement, both through engaging directly with players and by bringing actionable player feedback to the game team as the voice of the player.
- Manage, grow and nurture safe and fun community spaces for your game
- Develop and execute the game social media and community strategy with relevant stakeholders. This includes the content plan as well as tracking of relevant community KPIs
- Be the Voice of the Player, bringing actionable feedback to the game team to improve the player experience and analyzing and reporting on the community sentiment
- Be the voice and the face of the game by participating in livestreams and videos for the community
- Work with both internal and external partners to create and develop content for the relevant platforms
- Act as a point of contact and manage relationship with any key influencers, moderators, etc., working together with the stakeholders in order to execute in line with business goals
- Stay on top of community management trends to maximize the impact of your community endeavours and explore new possibilities
Who we think will do great in this role:
- Proven 5+ years of experience as community manager (midcore titles preferably)
- Adept at utilizing social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Discord, etc. in a B2C environment
- Experience setting up and growing communities at different stages of their lifecycle and supporting other team members during these processes
- Experience coordinating and managing the content (images, videos and copy) in all relevant platforms
- A genuine love of games and the communities surrounding them
- Native or near-native English speaker with strong copy creation skills
- Excellent communication and conflict management skills
- Intermediate skills in Photoshop or other image editing tools
- Ability to process large amounts of information rapidly, keeping track of different simultaneous activities in your communities as well as collaborating with different stakeholders in multiple projects or campaigns
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Lower degree in marketing/ communications or equivalent
- Knowledge of video editing tools
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager and marketing manager for the game. We want to know who you are and what motivates you. In addition, we will also ask community management specific questions to see if there is a potential match on the skills. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- We’d love to see your thought process and community skills in actions, so we have an exercise for you with some common situations that you’d encounter in the role.
- Second meeting: You will be invited to meet Darkfire Heroes project manager and lead designer. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills and how you would fit with our working culture
- Third meeting: You will be invited to meet the studio head and studio manager. Our aim is to get to know you even better and hear about your vision and ambitions as well to introduce you to our Copenhagen studio.