Client Developer Trainee19.10.2022 Technology Intern Open position Apply here
If you are eager to bring mobile games to life, you may be the next Client Developer Trainee for our talented games teams in Stockholm!
You will help us in the development of Angry Birds 2 and an unannounced title. You will join a cross discipline team working with our senior client and server developers, you would develop new game features, tools and get experience maintaining a live game.
The whole team is located in Stockholm and plan to work in a hybrid model, meaning they’ll plan to work flexibly with 1-3 days per week onsite.
Your responsibilities as a Client Developer Trainee:
- Working closely with senior developers, artists, game designers and producers to implement versatile game features
- Developing the game according to agreed practices and priorities
- Testing and documenting deliverables
- Resolving and fixing an equal share of bugs
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong C# and Unity programming skills
- Passion about games and want to learn to build games
- Excellent team working skills
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. The aim is for us to know who you are, what your experience has been and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the wider team and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will do an exercise to complete in your own time.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help each other develop.
Please note that the duration of this position is from 3 to 5 months and we don’t provide relocation assistance or support in acquiring work visa if you’re from abroad.
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.