Central Data Analyst29.08.2022 Business Intelligence Permanent Open position Apply here
Data at scale sits at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables our games to reach and entertain millions of users on a daily basis. The Business Intelligence team, which you would be part of, empowers our company through insights derived from the data. We are looking for a Data Analyst to work with our Central Business Intelligence team. The Central BI team focuses on Reporting, Services/ Modeling Operations and Insights. In this area you get a chance to work across stakeholders such as:
User Acquisition: The squad pushing the growth of our games including hugely successful titles Angry Birds 2, Angry Birds Dream Blast, Small Town Murders and Darkfire Heroes. You will work on guiding the decision-making of one of the most successful entertainment brands in the world.
Advertisement: Which optimises ad performance and acts as an operational link between game teams and ad networks.
Finance: Delivering reporting of core KPIs to ensure right decisions for Rovio’s growth.
Data Engineering and Data Science: Collaborating across our Data Craft at Rovio in key strategic projects.
A Central Data Analyst is at an exciting intersection between business and technology. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging data problems, use modern open source tools and collaborate with experienced data professionals. Learning and teaching are a fundamental part of the job. You will thrive in this role if you have the ability to apply statistical principles, combine domain knowledge with analytical methods, and collaborate with stakeholders from various backgrounds. We expect from you an analytical mindset and the ability to explain complex observations in a clear and concise manner; communication is key in making data actionable
- Building data pipelines and automated analyses using modern scripting methods.
- Ensuring data quality and availability.
- Building meaningful dashboards that answer business questions and improve decision making.
- Participate in data harmonisation processes by defining requirements, implementing ETL processes and ensuring data quality.
- Services/Modeling Operations:
- Support models in production.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders around model usability.
- Identify areas of improvement and enhancements of models in production.
- Participate in cross functional projects with Data Science and Data Engineering around model improvements and deployment.
- Own data-driven projects from ideation to execution and collaborate with business owners and analytics peers alike.
- Study changes in key metrics and long-term trends.
- Study key metrics across game portfolio.
Who we think will do great in this role has
- Ability to turn analyses into purposeful action.
- Data literacy and quantitative analysis skills.
- Proficiency in Python or R.
- Understanding of advanced SQL.
- Excellent cooperation and communication skills.
And it would be a bonus if you also have
- Prior experience working in the marketing or gaming industry.
- Experience with version controlled models or data tools run in a production environment.
- Experience with open source big data technologies and large data sets.
- Know-how on Amazon Web Services, especially with Athena, Presto or Spark.
- A general understanding of deploying applications in the AWS environment.
Our recruitment process
First meeting: a call with the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
Second round: a technical assignment in your own time.
Final round: an interview with team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Rovio data craft to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The data craft aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.