Business Development Manager20.12.2021 Business Development and Licensing Helsinki or Stockholm or Copenhagen Permanent Open position Apply here
Our Business Development team focuses on the creation and fostering of third-party partnerships to support Rovio’s company-wide and studio initiatives. This team supports the company’s growth building partnerships including, but not limited to: co-development, work-for-hire, outsourcing, new platform development, IP licensing, and geo expansion.
The Business Development team operates within the Corporate Development team, which focuses on investments, acquisitions, and strategic partnerships with the overarching goal of driving inorganic growth to Rovio.
As the industry continues to expand, there are many exciting opportunities to boost our competencies, diversify our offering, and expand the market we reach by welcoming ambitious new teams to our flock or partnering with the right companies in the market.
If you have high ambitions and a lot of energy, we think you will enjoy the pace of the Business Development team. You will join us in our work to help accelerate the expansion of Rovio Games through building our strategic partnerships, as well as pursuing inter-company initiatives.
The Business Development team works closely with all of our studios and game teams across Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Canada. You will be interacting directly with new and existing partners to drive and facilitate opportunities that bring sustainable growth to the business, and will entail a fair amount of travelling between studios, partner locations, and game events.
- Monitor market trends and competition, with the goal to validate and guide team initiatives and to present learnings for the larger company’s consumption.
- Identify new market opportunities and collaborations that will support growth initiatives for our games teams. You will also present these opportunities to the studios in a compelling way, backed up by a business case.
- Responsible for delivering detailed business case construction for new opportunities. In charge of managing any cross-departmental collaboration needed to round out the business case.
- Project management and reporting of new and ongoing deal flows within Rovio’s CRM.
- Creation and maintenance of databases housing current and potential partnerships.
- Arranging business development meetings with prospective partners through the use of existing relationships or cold outreach.
- Document management, including handling of NDAs.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with new and existing partners.
- Incorporate Rovio’s values of “Be Bold, Embrace Innovation & Act with Integrity '' into day-to-day actions while working towards Rovio’s business objectives.
Who we think will do great in this role has
- Strong knowledge of the iOS and Android marketplace and a passion for the mobile gaming sector.
- Comfortable managing complex projects, using CRM software and reporting progress of deal-flow.
- Results-orientated, problem solver who is comfortable with working independently while proactively keeping team members informed of their progress.
- Highly organized and detail-focused, especially in regard to hitting timelines and deliverables.
- Experience in project management and can effectively manage multiple ongoing initiatives at once.
- Positive and friendly presence with a creative approach to cold calling, lead generation, managing relationships, and closing deals.
- Confidence crafting presentation decks and working within Excel spreadsheets (Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite).
- Fluent English, both written and spoken