We are looking for a UX Designer to join our talented Slingshot Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Rovio’s Slingshot Studio is the place where wildly successful games such as Angry Birds and Angry Birds Friends are hatched.Our games have been downloaded billions of times, and are played by millions of highly engaged players worldwide. As we develop the next big Angry Birds game to take the world by storm, we seek to build and inspire talented teams to craft the best games for our players.
You should have experience in creating mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes of new interfaces, and evaluating and improving existing ones. Preferably having worked with apps or interfaces for mobile devices and be a person that demonstrates excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills.
You'll fit in our flock if you have:
- 2+ years of experience as a UX designer, preferably working with apps or interfaces for mobile devices
- Proven knowledge and experience in creating mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes of new interfaces and evaluating and improving existing ones
- Degree in Interaction Design, a related discipline, or extensive work experience in the field
- Demonstrate excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, or similar tools
- Proven ability to distill product and business requirements and user goals into sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
- Ability to iteratively produce interaction concept designs (including navigation and content design), as well as hi-fidelity interaction prototypes
- Ability to understand the requirements for projects, identify the risks, and focus on the right things at the right time
- Ability to think big and solve complex problems
- Eagerness to contribute to improvements on processes, tools and teamwork
- Good presentation skills and ability to communicate designs and visions
- Excellent written and spoken English
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- 4+ years of experience as a UX designer, preferably working with apps or interfaces for mobile devices
- Displays patience, understanding, humility, and willingness to give and receive constructive feedback
- Experience with testing users’ ability to use and understand navigation, information architecture, and key areas in designs
- Experience using a game engine such as Unity3D, or similar
- Collaborative and team-driven approach
- Enjoy spreading knowledge and fostering the sharing of learning
- Is self-motivated, able to work independently, and manage multiple projects under minimal supervision
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to one of the most recognized brands in the world, and expose your work to a global audience.
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more
Slingshot your application over now - we look forward to hearing from you!