We are looking for a Senior UI Artist to join our talented Slingshot Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Rovio’s Slingshot Studio is the place where wildly successful games such as Angry Birds and Angry Birds Friends are hatched.Our games have been downloaded billions of times, and are played by millions of highly engaged players worldwide. As we develop the next big Angry Birds game to take the world by storm, we seek to build and inspire talented teams to craft the best games for our players.
You need a proven portfolio demonstrating your skills in game UI, and you are also used to implementing your art in a game engine such as Unity or similar. You should have experience in creating mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes of new interfaces, and evaluating and improving existing ones. You will be working closely with the Executive Producer / Producer, other game artists as well as programmers and designers.
You'll fit in our flock if you have:
- Excellent vision of what great looks like, and an ability to communicate that vision
- Strong skills in UI design, art and UX
- Ability to translate game design concepts into UI mock-ups, wireframes, sketches, etc.
- Ability to evaluate and improve existing game UI
- Ability to create great art on time
- Strong interest in games and gameplay (focus on F2P mobile games)
- Holistic view of game making, caring about all parts to make the best whole for our fans
- Experience on published games using a game engine such as Unity 3D or similar
- Excellent multitasking, organisational, communication, and team collaboration skills
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- 3+ years of experience in the games industry, preferably in an international environment with a similar or equivalent job description
- Proven artistic skills in 2D and 3D
- Strong passion for games, shown in your portfolio
- Enjoy spreading and fostering the creation of knowledge
- Open to feedback and eager to learn and apply new skills in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Collaborative and consensus driven approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent English
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to one of the most recognized brands in the world, and expose your work to a global audience.
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more
Slingshot your application over now - we look forward to hearing from you!