Rovio’s Puzzle Studio is the home of the passionate team behind Angry Birds Match, Angry Birds Friends, the newly launched Angry Birds Dream Blast, and other unreleased games currently in production. The studio strives to create puzzle games that are instantly fun, but that can also turn into years-long hobbies. Puzzle Studio is also exploring new ways to use narrative and character worlds in casual mobile games, with the aim of creating a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join our internal Puzzle Studio Marketing Art Team. The team is responsible for how our games look like in the most critical customer touchpoints - app stores, social media, banners and ads. As part of this team you will be working on these areas, as well as guiding the game teams in decision making on how to market their game better.
We expect you to be experienced in a wide variety of tasks in the field of graphic design and we see experience on game art, working with 3D assets as a big plus.
- Create marketing art assets and templates, and supervise art asset production and outsourcing of the assets if needed
- Maintain high standards of the marketing art
- Create illustrations, game logos, icons, and visual guidelines
- Develop, and constantly improve the marketing art working methods and best practices within the studio
- Create, update, and maintain marketing art templates for existing key games
- Create screenshots, cross promotion and UA banners, and social media assets if and when appropriate templates are not available
- Educate the game teams, community managers, and other stakeholders in how to effectively create assets and use the marketing art templates
- Create internal and external presentations and partner decks
- Create special featuring and other promotional assets when needed
- Work on both still and video templates
- Advocate for creative values within the project team
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, part of which related to games marketing
- A good track record, and impressive portfolio and past projects to show
- Excellent skills in graphic design, typography
- Expert skills with Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Strong conceptualization ability, visual communication ability, and illustration skills, including well-developed sense of color and composition
- Ability to work in both still and video projects
- Ability to independently prioritize own work
- Ability to adhere to brand guidelines
- Attention to detail and problem solving mindset
- Adaptation and understanding of different art styles
- Ability to adapt to technical requirements and workflow
- Ability to lead and delegate work, and create briefs for outsourcing
- Experience in documenting workflows
- Great understanding of how to create templates for both still and video asset production
- Fluent in English, and strong verbal and written communication skills
Don't keep us waiting and send your application together with your portfolio/ demo reel today!