Rovio’s Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon that put Angry Birds on the map. While they continue to expand and improve that title, they are developing new IPs and game ideas, specifically within the RPG genre, with the mission of becoming the best mobile RPG developer in the west. This presents a great opportunity for the studio to mix their experience with accessible, inclusive, mass-market games, with their personal love for RPGs. Their design pillars are: dynamic, character-driven, and highly social. They are motivated to create mid-core games that are both approachable and challenging.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Game Economy Designer to join our successful Stockholm Studio.
This is a senior role in the studio, and while we are more than happy to help diverse candidates make the step up, you will need some mixture of experience, aptitude and passion to succeed!
You'll fit in if you want to:
- Create a shared vision of redefining the mobile rpg game category
- Achieve both creative and commercial success in mobile F2P
- Continuously learn and keep improving
- Work closely with the Game Designer and development team to ensure compelling and deep game f2p systems and Games as a Service practices
- Define, design and manage key game features that further the overall strategic vision of the product including maximizing engagement and monetization through balancing character progression, in-game economy, & rewards
- Conduct and communicate in-depth analysis of in-game economy trends using data insights and strong business acumen to impact top line KPIs
- Iterate and refine on the overall economy of the game as more data from the product is received
- Help define the virtual products and document the expected life cycles and streams of availability
Who we think would do great in this role has:
- Solid commercial experience as an economy designer in F2P game development, delivery of at least one game through the entire life cycle
- Deep experience in creating and managing highly balanced game systems, progression and player-driven economies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and experience with data-driven decision-making
- Experience with structured, hypothesis driven product improvements, rigorous metrics analysis, consumer insights and design experimentation
- Excellent Excel skills, ability to create models and simulators for F2P economies
- Ability to effectively communicate both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Teamwork skills: we want the best team, not necessarily the best individuals
If you’re wondering if you should apply or not, we hope you do. Send your application over now - we look forward to hearing from you!