Rovio’s Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon that put Angry Birds on the map. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles in the RPG genre, with the Angry Birds brand and also new original IPs. Our ambitious teams are full of passionate RPG players who are eager to leave their mark. We describe our approach to this wide genre as “lean RPG” – we strive to create games that are approachable, but retain the deep mechanics and late game that RPG players know and love.
When making games with our lean RPG approach, we employ the design pillars of approachability, fresh core gameplay, a focus on our super fans, and creating living game experiences through live-ops. Our development is driven by our players. We use data to provide insights into our players’ needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
We are now looking for a Senior Back-end Programmer to join our talented Stockholm Studio to work with our top performing games.
You need a proven record in implementing and maintaining server back-end. You should have experience and good understanding of designing, implementing and testing server functionalities. You will be working closely with other server and client programmers, game producers and game designers.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Backend Programmer:
- Design, implement and test game backend functionality for games using C# and .Net Core
- Create, maintain and operate the game server cloud infrastructures
- Ensure that game backends are efficient, secure and scale well
- Integrate other cloud services to game servers
- Participate in designing client/backend communication protocols
- Work as a team with other developers, designers and artists
We are looking for someone who has:
- Minimum 5 years of server programming experience leading to mastery of relevant skills and technologies
- Good knowledge and experience of cloud platforms and related technologies, for example AWS or Azure
- Experience in Rest-API based services
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong programming skills using C#
- Proficiency with Python, Bash or other languages is a strong plus
- Experience building and operating scalable applications for high load of users
- Understanding of game architectures and technologies
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Experience in deploying and operating log collection management and monitoring systems (e.g. Logstash, Kibana, Zabbix, Grafana)
- Analytical problem solving
Don't keep us waiting - send your application already today!