Espoo, Finland, 30th July 2015 – With new towers to topple, pigs to pop and missiles to master, Rovio is thrilled to announce the launch of Angry Birds2, the first sequel to the most downloaded mobile game series of all time.
While retaining the much-loved slingshot format, the visuals and gameplay of Angry Birds 2 have been overhauled from the ground up, with multiple stages in each level and spectacular new spells – including blizzards, magic ducks and even hot chili peppers – to wield against the pigs, rock the Destruct-O-Meter and earn even more birds. Fans also can challenge other gamers worldwide and, for the first time, choose their own fowl to fling.
Alongside returning characters Red, Chuck, Bomb and the infamous King Pig, joining the flock is Silver, a dazzling but strange young bird rescued from Pig City. Growing up in pig captivity, she has acquired porcine habits and an odd sense of humor. But her incredible flying skills – and unique understanding of piggy ways – make her a cheeky and powerful new member of the flock.
“Design technology has evolved dramatically since the original game launched in 2009,” says Rovio co-founder Niklas Hed. “With Angry Birds 2 we wanted to bring a level of expressive depth and detail seen previously only in a console game or animated series – and create a new game that kids and adults alike won’t be able to put down.”
“Angry Birds 2 doubles down on the core tenets of the original that our fans loved: destruction and more destruction!” adds the game’s creative director Patrick Liu. “At the same time it adds a whole new layer of emergent strategy gameplay for both old and new fans to master.”
Follow #RovioNews on Twitter: @Rovio
For more information or media inquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
In free-to-play Angry Birds 2, you can:
- Collect and choose your own birds, build your flock and master new slingshot strategies to discover new and amazing worlds on Piggy Island
- Play through jaw-droppingly stunning multi-stage levels brimming with exotic plants, quirky details and plenty of peril
- Use spectacular spells to pop the pigs with blizzards, chilis and magic ducks for maximum destruction
- Defeat the new end-of-stage evil boss piggies — such as the infamous King Pig, Foreman Pig and Chef Pig — to discover new worlds and get the eggs back from the baddies
- For once and for all, settle who is the best and most hardcore Angry Birds player in the world by entering the Arena. Here you can challenge other players across the world and earn feathers to level up your flock
- Earn Gems for extra birds, lives and tickets by playing the game and completing quests, and by watching videos or paying with real money
About Rovio Entertainment Ltd.
Rovio Entertainment Ltd. is a global entertainment media company. Headquartered in Finland and with studios across the world, Rovio is the creator of Angry Birds™, the casual mobile game that changed an industry and became an international phenomenon. Today Angry Birds is not only the most downloaded game of all time, it’s a renowned entertainment brand that’s branched out into animations, books, licensing and more. The Angry Birds Movie is slated for release in 2016. www.rovio.com