Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Business Intelligence to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The Business intelligence team aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We are now looking for two Data Analysts to join us. One to work in Puzzle Studio, another to work in Battle Studio.
In Puzzle Studio you’d work with the passionate team behind Angry Birds Dream Blast, Angry Birds Match, Angry Birds Friends, and many other unreleased games currently in production. The studio strives to create puzzle games that are instantly fun, but that can also turn into years-long hobbies.
If you join Battle Studio, you’ll be working with the team that made a splash with their award-winning 5-on-5 shooter, Battle Bay, and they are driven by the opportunity to build Rovio’s next mega-hit that will not only top the games chart but also become a world-renowned entertainment IP.
If you have a strong preference for one studio over the other, let us know in the application—if not, we’ll figure it out together.
- Design experiments that allow us to validate our hypotheses, then translate the results into learnings that help steer our games in the right direction
- Build targeted analyses and visualizations to answer the team’s most pressing gameplay questions
- Develop tools to bring a data-driven point of view to team’s everyday work
- Ensure that critical business decisions are backed with data
Who we think will do great in the role:
- You can build strong relationships with the development teams and management
- You are comfortable working in an environment that is constantly shifting and evolving
- You have a good eye when it comes to data: you can tell when a number is a bit off, or when an analysis needs one more breakdown to tell the story just right
- You love games (especially F2P). You understand the different needs for a game in soft launch and for one that’s been live for years
- 2+ years of experience generating recommendations from data (more experienced candidates can be considered for a Senior Data Analyst position)
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Strong SQL skills and comfortable with Python or R
- Strong skills in building dashboards and visualizations (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Prior experience working in the gaming industry
- Familiarity with our tech stack (AWS, Presto, Hadoop, Spark, Azkaban)
- Understanding of how user acquisition works and its effects to game metrics
What you get when you join us our Business Intelligence team:
- Awesome data-minded coworkers: We are a family-like community that is hands-on, collaborative and ambitious. We help each other grow professionally.
- Hackathons: We love to try new technologies and methods to build the next generation infrastructure.
Don't keep us waiting - send your application already today! Remember to include a cover letter and CV.