Are you a senior Unity Developer passionate about making commercially successful games, creating kick ass, high performing game features that delight our players? Awesome!
We at the Rovio Stockholm Studio are behind the hugely popular title Angry Birds 2, which still 3 years after release is one of the most played games on the App Store and Google Play Store. We want to continue this trend and we need an additional pair of hands to make that happen!
This role is quite broad and we're looking for someone with experience from all areas of game programming, including mobile game optimizations, social features, UI, as well as backend systems and databases.
The role is for one of our internal RPG projects.
What you’ll take under your wings
- Design and implement game features and systems.
- Develop and help maintain a high quality code base.
- Motivate and inspire other members of the programming team.
- Support in planning, and prioritizing project features.
- Work actively to help the team achieve project targets.
- Help ensure guidelines and agreed conventions are followed.
- Drive communication and sharing with other departments.
- Take a lead in improving processes, tools and team work.
You'll fit in our flock if you have:
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience.
- Minimum 2 years in a senior role.
- Proven game development background on commercial mobile f2p projects.
- Strong programming skills in C# or C++.
- Proficient in debugging, profiling and performance optimization.
- Broad knowledge of game architecture and technologies (gameplay, rendering, physics, AI, networking).
We'd love you to hav these feathers in your cap:
- Good understanding of mobile platforms and hardware.
- Experience from native development on mobile or embedded systems.
- Previous experience from working with Unity.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Knowledge about mobile backends.
- Deep interest in playing mobile f2p RPGs.
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals.
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious.
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together.
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more.
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to a captivating new product, and expose your work to a global audience.