Rovio’s Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon that put Angry Birds on the map. While they continue to expand and improve that title, they are developing new IPs and game ideas, specifically within the RPG genre, with the mission of becoming the best mobile RPG developer in the west. This presents a great opportunity for the studio to mix their experience with accessible, inclusive, mass-market games, with their personal love for RPGs. Their design pillars are: dynamic, character-driven, and highly social. They are motivated to create mid-core games that are both approachable and challenging.
Are you an artist passionate about making commercially successful games, creating good looking, user friendly and consistent mobile user interfaces that delight our players? Awesome, we at the Rovio Stockholm Studio are looking for a talented Senior UI/UX Artist to help us with current and upcoming titles.
The role is very broad and you should be ready to tackle many different kinds of tasks, ranging from creative challenges to implementation tricks.
- Design and complete game visuals from concept to final asset
- Create quality art in game by following visual guidelines defined by team lead artist or Art Director
- Create wireframes as well as visual design compositions based on project needs
- Communicate and coordinate with other team members to find the best solutions from a cross-functional perspective
- Work independently to complete given assignments
- Provide time estimates for own tasks
- Be actively involved in both providing and seeking structured feedback to/from your colleagues
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- 5+ years in game development of 2D/UI
- 3+ years of professional experience in game art development, preferably in the field of interface design
- Experience in implementing art in game engines
- Expertise with Photoshop and/or Illustrator, including a well-developed sense of color and composition
- Strong conceptualization ability, visual communication ability, and drawing skills
- An excellent understanding of the principles of interaction design and experience of user-centered design approaches and methods
- Knowledge of game art optimization, managing the technical visual resources and restrictions
- Ability to produce interaction concept designs (including navigation and content design) and/or animated prototypes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent English skills
- Collaborative- and consensus-driven approach
- Ability to collaborate with other team members, managers and producers to understand the high-level requirements and meet that objective with the optimal user-centered solution
- Open to feedback and enjoy working in a fast-paced, constantly iterating environment
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Experience in animating UI in Unity
- Ability to prototype using Unity or other tools – from paper to code
- Knowledge of, and an interest in free-to-play best-practices as they relate to interface design
- Strong interest in video games
- An interest in form and typography
- Strong interest in data-driven approach to optimize art for games business performance
- Eager to learn and apply new skills in a fast-paced dynamic environment
In the Stockholm studio, we keep a flat hierarchy, a high level of transparency, and open communication. Our team is always trying to find ways to improve our projects, tools, communication, and ourselves, while keeping the atmosphere friendly, inclusive, respectful and super supportive. We also respect each other’s time. We make sure that we learn both from our mistakes and our success as we grow both in number and in experience. At the Stockholm Studio you will be working with great co-workers in a team-oriented, informal, international, and inspiring environment.
In case you'd be moving from abroad, we'll offer you relocation support and make sure you have a smooth start with us in Stockholm.
Send your application over now - we look forward to hearing from you! Remember to attach your CV, cover letter, and portfolio.