Welcome to Rovio!
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our newly-formed MMO Studio in London, UK.
Rovio’s London studio is the latest addition to the Rovio family and this is a great chance to be part of creating a culture and a game from a fresh start. Here in London we have a fantastic creative and commercial brief and the enthusiastic backing of one of the undisputed global leaders of mobile F2P gaming. And true to Rovio’s Nordic heritage, we are committed to providing a real work/life balance, support for family life, and excellent opportunities for learning and personal development.
This is a role for a maker - someone with the skills, experience, and most importantly passion, for getting stuck in and making games feel amazing to play. You’ll be happiest when you’re making moment to moment gameplay, designing content and encounters, and adding those flourishes that turn a good experience into a great one.
But more than anything, we want someone who wants to develop and grow as a big part of a great, diverse team and help create a fantastic culture that makes amazing mobile F2P games.
You'll fit in our flock if you want to:
- Become part of our team and create a wonderful working environment
- Make creating a fantastic culture a part of your job
- Pitch ideas and collaborate in an environment free from ego
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Designing core mechanics for combat and second to second gameplay
- Building and making levels (open world, raids, bosses etc)
- Designing weapons, enemies and attacks
- Help create a great feeling game
- Test gameplay ideas and directly create levels and items within Unity
- Ideation, pitching and idea documentation
- Ensuring a link from the core to the meta, social and monetisation features
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- Experience and passion for adding gameplay juice and polish
- Experience designing for mobile control schemes
- A doer / maker / hacker mentality
- Broad knowledge of games
- Advocate of F2P
Not needed but lovely to have:
- Experience creating features and content for a live game
- AAA action or RPG experience
- Systems / feature / meta design experience
- C# scripting for Unity
- Animation / modelling / particle creation
- Creative writing experience
- MMO experience (ideally making, but playing also)
- Extensive interests outside of games
We want the best team, not necessarily the best individuals, so we’re looking for team members who want to work on problems worth solving. If you’re wondering if you should apply or not, we hope you do.
Send your application and portfolio over now - we look forward to hearing from you!