Do you want a challenge? Do you want your work to reach 10’s of millions of gamers around the globe? Do you feel inspired by being part of developing innovative services for F2P games? If yes, you could be the Full-Stack we are now looking for to join our Games Technology team in Espoo, Finland.
Rovio Technology consists of 50 professionals providing our games teams with the means to bring their games to life every day. We serve tens of millions of players, host some of the most cutting edge cloud services out there, serve thousands of requests per second from all corners of the globe, capture 4 Billion of analytic events per day and over 1TB of data per day, and run over 1300 instances on Amazon AWS.
As a Full-Stack Developer, your work will include developing Rovio’s Beacon services and other tools for our game teams. Rovio's Beacon cloud services are used by all of all our games providing user identity, analytics, advertising, segmentation, live ops, payments and third party services. We also provide game server infrastructure templates and microservices, and are working to introduce AI to our game development.
You will work closely with our game teams to find great answers to challenges we face building and operating our games. You will work on projects with other members of our team of developers (client, front-end, server, data, cloud, QA), product managers, and designers to implement versatile solutions.
Your responsibilities as a Full-Stack Developer:
- To architect, implement and maintain cloud services and capabilities for Rovio’s games and studios
- To lead small development projects, coaching other developers working on the project
- To fix your fair share of bugs
We are looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience with recent Java development for cloud services and working with NoSQL and SQL database
- 3+ years of experience of either:
- Client development in C# / C++ , Android, IOS, Unity
- Experience developing RESTful services
- Experience in cloud technologies and orchestration (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Wide understanding of both software and platform architectures and components used to build them
- Practical experience working in Agile software development teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Passion to work in all parts of the software development lifecycle from planning to testing, documentation and deployment
- Team player mind-set with good communication skills especially in English and have a can-do attitude
It’d be great if you had some of these:
- Linux shell scripting.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with test frameworks and continuous integration systems
- Interest in emerging solutions and technologies, for example, the use of machine learning in gaming
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, helping you to grow and achieve your professional goals
- Our team is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in a truly international environment with more than 15 nationalities in the Technology team
- Relocation assistance if you are from abroad
- Flexible work hours
- No crunch; standard work day is 7.5 hours
When applying please tell us what you would bring to Rovio!