Welcome to Rovio!
We are looking for a Senior Concept Artist to join our newly-formed MMO Studio in London, UK.
Rovio’s London studio is the latest addition to the Rovio family and this is a great chance to be part of creating a culture and a game from a fresh start. Here in London we have a fantastic creative and commercial brief and the enthusiastic backing of one of the undisputed global leaders of mobile F2P gaming. And true to Rovio’s Nordic heritage, we are committed to providing a real work/life balance, support for family life, and excellent opportunities for learning and personal development.
You’ll be working closely with the Art Director to create a unique visual style for our game. We’re looking for someone highly creative who will collaborate with us to explore a wide range of ideas as we develop a 3D mobile game full of interesting characters and exciting environments.
But more than anything, we want someone who wants to develop and grow as a big part of a great, diverse team and help create a fantastic culture that makes amazing mobile F2P games.
You'll fit in our flock if you want to:
- Become part of our team and create a wonderful working environment
- Make creating a fantastic culture a part of your job
- Help create a game that is both creatively and commercially successful
- Constant hunger for self-improvement and professional learning
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Art Director to create the visual style of the game
- Develop concepts for characters, objects and environments
- Create artwork to inspire and act as reference for the 3D art team
- Give and receive feedback on art and direction
- Creative thinking, ideation and storytelling through art
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- Significant experience in conceptual development for games or animation
- Demonstrable ability to draw in a variety of styles
- Clear mastery of colour, form and value with a personal flair
- Confidence in all aspects of the design process, from concept sketches to fully finalised pieces
- Deep passion for visual storytelling
- Experience with photoshop or equivalent art package
- A genuine team collaborator who loves working together
- Clear communication and the ability to pitch ideas.
Not needed but lovely to have:
- Experience of storytelling and world-building
- Experience with 3D packages (Maya, 3D Max or equivalent)
- Experience dealing with outsourcers and off-site contributors
- Experience mentoring others
- Appreciation of the technical limitations of mobile
- Commercial experience outside of videogame development
- A genuine interest in F2P videogames
We want the best team, not necessarily the best individuals, so we’re looking for team members who want to work on problems worth solving. If you’re wondering if you should apply or not, we hope you do.
Send your application and portfolio over now - we look forward to hearing from you!