We are looking for a Senior Backend Programmer to join our talented Stockholm Studio to work with our top performing games.
Our Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon that put Angry Birds on the map. While they continue to expand and improve that title, they are developing new IPs and game ideas, specifically within the RPG genre, with the mission of becoming the best mobile RPG developer in the west. This presents a great opportunity for the studio to mix their experience with accessible, inclusive, mass-market games, with their personal love for RPGs. Their design pillars are: dynamic, character-driven, and highly social. They are motivated to create mid-core games that are both approachable and challenging.
You need a proven record in implementing and maintaining server backends. You should have experience and good understanding of designing, implementing and testing server functionalities. You will be working closely with other server and client programmers, game producers and game designers.
- Design, implement and test game backend functionality for games using C# and .Net Core
- Create, maintain and operate the game server cloud infrastructures
- Ensure that game backends are efficient, secure and scale well
- Integrate other cloud services to game servers
- Participate in designing client/backend communication protocols
- Work as a team with other developers, designers and artists
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of server programming experience leading to mastery of relevant skills and technologies
- Good knowledge and experience of cloud platforms and related technologies, for example AWS or Azure
- Experience in Rest-API based services
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong programming skills using C#
- Proficiency with Python, Bash or other languages is a strong plus
- Experience building and operating scalable applications for high load of users
- Understanding of game architectures and technologies
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Experience in deploying and operating log collection management and monitoring systems (e.g. Logstash, Kibana, Zabbix, Grafana)
- Analytical problem solving
What you get when you join us:
- Support and opportunities helping you to grow and achieve your professional goals
- Work with teams that are open, collaborative and ambitious
- Relocation assistance if you are coming from abroad
- Flexible working hours
- Diverse environment: we have employees from all around the world and you can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
Don't keep us waiting - send your application already today!