Welcome to Rovio!
We are looking for a Senior 3D Game Artist to join our newly-formed MMO Studio in London, UK.
Rovio’s London studio is the latest addition to the Rovio family and this is a great chance to be part of creating a culture and a game from a fresh start. Here in London we have a fantastic creative and commercial brief and the enthusiastic backing of one of the undisputed global leaders of mobile F2P gaming. And true to Rovio’s Nordic heritage, we are committed to providing a real work/life balance, support for family life, and excellent opportunities for learning and personal development.
You’ll be working closely with the Art Director to bring a creative and unique world full of interesting and exciting characters to life in 3D. We’re looking for someone highly creative to help us explore a wide range of ideas as we develop our realtime 3D mobile game.
But more than anything, we want someone who wants to develop and grow as a big part of a great, diverse team and help create a fantastic culture that makes amazing mobile F2P games.
You'll fit in our flock if you want to:
- Become part of our team and create a wonderful working environment
- Make creating a fantastic culture a part of your job
- Help create a game that is both creatively and commercially successful
- Constant hunger for self-improvement and professional learning
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with the 2D concept artists to bring their designs to life
- Model 3D characters, objects and environments for our realtime 3D mobile MMO
- Create textures and UV Maps
- Rig and prepare Characters for Animation
- Give and receive feedback on art and direction
- Clear communication and ability to pitch ideas
- Creative thinking, ideation and storytelling through art
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- Significant experience in creating 3D art for games
- Clear mastery of the entire 3D pipeline, from modelling, texturing, rigging, exporting etc
- Experience with Maya, 3D Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter or equivalent 3D packages
- Proficiency in High-Poly and Low-Poly modelling
- An appealing, fun, and cartoony 3D style
- Excellent knowledge of Unity
- A genuine team collaborator who loves working together
Not needed but lovely to have:
- Experience of lighting, shaders and visual effects
- Experience with 2D packages (Photoshop or equivalent)
- Experience of 3D animation
- Experience dealing with outsourcers and off-site contributors
- Experience mentoring others
- Appreciation of the technical limitations of mobile
- A genuine interest in F2P videogames
We want the best team, not necessarily the best individuals, so we’re looking for team members who want to work on problems worth solving. If you’re wondering if you should apply or not, we hope you do.
Send your application and portfolio over now - we look forward to hearing from you!