We are looking for an experienced Game Design Director to join our successful Slingshot Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Rovio’s Slingshot Studio is the place where wildly successful games such as Angry Birds and Angry Birds Friends are hatched. Our games have been downloaded billions of times, and are played by millions of highly engaged players worldwide. As we develop the next big Angry Birds game to take the world by storm, we seek to build and inspire talented teams to craft the best games for our players.
This is a senior role at the studio with possibility to influence whole Rovio Games level. You will need some mixture of experience, aptitude and passion in these key areas:
You have vision. We are on a mission to build the best F2P games. We need someone who is able to drive studio’s design activities and design team’s competences to the direction that combines casual approachability with depth and dynamics from the world of mid-core. You know both casual and mid core game systems and mechanics by heart and have critical thinking to know when to improvise and come up with something new.
You are intellectually curious. You absorb new knowledge every day, and see new challenges as learning opportunities. You absorb new knowledge every day, and relish new challenges as learning opportunities. You constantly review your mental models, seek new perspectives on your work, and are eager to test them on example cases.
You want to coach and elevate your team. You will be the team lead for our studio designers. You get joy out of bringing out the best in people and seeing them grow and become even better. You continuously improve yourself and people around you. When you speak, you speak persuasively, and people want to listen; you frequently help co-workers focus on the right things, mentor others in design, and push products in order to avoid mistakes and find opportunities. We want someone who wants to develop and grow as a big part of a diverse team and help create a fantastic culture that makes amazing mobile F2P games.
You'll fit in our flock if you want to:
- Create and execute a vision for the studio game design direction
- Achieve both creative and commercial success in mobile F2P
- Plan and lead the execution of whole studio’s game design activities and people to meet the technical, creative and commercial aims of the teams
- Continuously learn and keep improving
You’ll need these skills:
- Previous commercial success with mobile F2P games
- Vast experience in creating and leading game concepts
- Excellent system design skills
- A genuine interest in F2P and mobile games, as well as the wider world of gaming
- Proven ability for clear decision making
- Skills and passion to lead people
- Be a champion for good communication and facilitate learning and knowledge sharing
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- 12+ yrs relevant industry experience
- Commercial experience working on F2P games for mobile platforms, preferably both from operating a live game as well as developing a new game
- Experience working on games in Unity
- A breadth and depth of aesthetic and entertainment interests outside of games
- Equal parts ambitious and humble
- Open to feedback and eager to learn and apply new skills
- Strong interest and belief in data-driven approach to support & validate intuition
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to one of the most recognized brands in the world, and expose your work to a global audience.
Slingshot your application over now - we look forward to hearing from you!