We are now seeking a motivated and collaborative Game Artist Trainee to join our RPG Studio for the summer 2018, in Stockholm, Sweden.
The Rovio Stockholm Studio is behind the hugely popular title Angry Birds 2 and while soaring on that success we are also developing several new IPs and exploring new game ideas within the RPG genre, as well as improving and expanding Angry Birds 2 even further. In the studio, situated in the south part of the city centre, we keep a flat hierarchy, a high level of transparency and an open communication. We challenge each other and ourselves in all we do here but keep the atmosphere friendly, inclusive, respectful and super supportive.
This is a paid, temporary position.
What you’ll take under your wings:
You will be responsible for creating art assets for our mobile games and adding them to game projects using an editor, helping senior game artists in their work and take part in building our games.
We’d love it if you have these feathers in your cap:
- Genuine interest in the games industry and passion towards game development
- 3D art skills, strong 2D skills are a plus
- Experience using Unity game development platform
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
- Strong interest in casual free to play mobile games
It’d be cool if you had some of these skills:
- Knowledge of wide variety of art and game development tools (especially Photoshop and Unity)
- Completed independent game projects in game artist role
- Some animation skills
If you are a strong team player with excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, you could be an ideal new Rovian to join our international and creative work environment where your input and contribution will matter.
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
Please apply by filling the online application form (please attach a cover letter with your CV) including the earliest date when you can start working.
Aim high and send your application over already today! We look forward to hearing from you soon!