Welcome to Rovio!
We are looking for an experienced Art Director to join our successful Puzzle Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Our vision is to reinvent the puzzle category with games where time-to-fun is measured in seconds, but deep, immersive meta-game and social gameplay turn them into hobbies lasting for years.
This is a senior role in the studio, and while we are more than happy to help diverse candidates make the step up, you will need some mixture of experience, aptitude and passion in these key areas.
You have vision. We need someone to help define the artistic vision for our games. You will work with the team of super talented senior artists to help to develop new IPs and also interpretations of the world known Angry Birds brand. With the help of player and market insight you will define what our audience wants, what creates true emotional connection to the games we make, the soul of the game.
You push for quality. Rovio is well known for making games with genuinely world-class production values. You need to take responsibility for ensuring that our studio is producing work of the absolute highest quality, and making sure the cross-game art styles are consistent and speak to the same overall vision.
You coach and elevate your team. You will be the team lead for our studio artists ranging from very talented junior artists to seasoned senior artists with years of background in the gaming industry. You get joy out of bringing out the best in people and seeing them grow and become even better.
You'll fit in our flock if you want to:
- Create and execute a vision for the studio art direction
- Achieve both creative and commercial success in mobile F2P
- Get your hands dirty by e.g. creating concept art and visual targets
- Help to devise IPs and art styles that meet the technical, creative and commercial aims of the team
- Be a champion for good communication and facilitate learning and knowledge sharing, across other Rovio Studios
You’ll need these skills:
- 15+ yrs relevant commercial gaming industry experience
- Experience and genuine interest in F2P and mobile games
- Experience both in 2D/3D, you know the latest tools and techniques inside out
- Experience working on games in Unity
- Experience in story & world building as well as character design
- Strong artistic ability and a desire to keep improving, impressive portfolio
- Skills and passion to lead people
- Fluent English and great communication skills
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- A breadth and depth of aesthetic interests outside of games, e.g. in the world of entertainment and pop culture
- Art production experience both from technical (pipelines, workflows) and production point of view
- Experience from art outsourcing
- Animation experience
- Experience with CCG/RPG games
Most of all, we want somebody, who shares our passion for games and learning and excelling together.
Send your application over now - we look forward to hearing from you!